Herbs can be powerful weight-loss catalysts when incorporated into a regular, well-balanced diet. Many herbs serve as metabolism and energy boosters, detoxifying agents, and also provide enhanced flavor to your foods.
While herbs can definitely assist the weight-loss process, they only do so when combined with a healthy lifestyle complete with good dietary and exercise habits. Herbs alone will do you no good. You gotta keep up with your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym workouts and keep fueling your body with only the best to reap the benefits of these powerful supplements.
- Cinnamon stabilizes and regulates your blood sugar. It slows down the absorption of food so that you feel full for extended periods of time with the same amount of, or fewer, calories.
- It adds a sweetness to foods, which can help you to ward off cravings.
- It moves fat from the liver so that your body can use it for energy. This can lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- It normalizes the burning and digestion of fat (mustard, black pepper, and cayenne also do this, so incorporate these into your cooking as well!)
2. Garcinia (Garcinia cambogia)
- This berry serves as an appetite suppressant and prevents the body from producing and holding onto fat.
3. Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus)
- This is an adaptogen herb, meaning it helps the body adapt to the stress of change – both physically and mentally (perhaps a new job, or a new workout at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club).
- Ginseng allows you greater access to stored energy, making you less tired and, thus, more likely to commit to a new activity, such as Greenville yoga classes, weightlifting, etc.
For more nutritional guidance, consult our knowledgeable personal trainers at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville health center. As always, before you begin taking any herbal supplements, it’s best to consult your doctor.