The holidays have this sneaky way of adding excess adipose tissue to the belly region. All of the various seductive sweets really start stacking up after heavy, regular indulgence. That’s why it is incredibly important to stick to structure and pledge to discipline. Sure, this is the time of the year to be merry – to party, to indulge, and to unwind. Yet, you don’t have to completely lose yourself and stall (even backslide) on your fitness progress. If you want to maintain your current core strength and continue advancing, you must hit up the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym regularly and vigorously.
There are several yoga poses that, if practiced regularly, will keep your core strong, solid and toned. These poses are highly accessible and work all muscles of the core. Most core exercises only target the superficial muscles of the stomach (the 6-pack abs). These exercises, rather, target all layers – even the deepest layer – of your core. These deeper muscles are very important for balance.
Incorporate the following core yoga poses into your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym routine at least 3 times per week for results.
- Plank Pose (Hold 2 minutes)
- Down Dog (Hold 2 minutes)
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Hold 2 minutes)
- Dolphin Pose (Hold 2 minutes)
- Boat Pose (Hold 2 minutes)
- Half Boat Pose (Hold 1 to 2 minutes)
- Side Plank (Hold 1 to 2 minutes each side)
- Forearm Side Plank (Hold 1 to 2 minutes each side)
- Chaturanga (4-limbed Pose) Push Ups (5 to 10 repeats)
- Cat/Cow Exercises – Massage the internal organs of the belly and experience a sweet release in your spine. Do as many as you wish!
A fit core will support you in many ways. Yes, you’ll look good in a bikini. That’s not the only bonus, though. A fit core prevents lower pack pain and injury. A powerful core supports balance and allows you to exercise with less effort and more ease. A strong core cultivates stronger and more confident posture. Knowing this should definitely inspire you to give your center of gravity some extra attention.
A strong core is very empowering, creating outer and inner strength. To sculpt and strengthen your center, mix in a bit of yoga in your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym routine.
Photo Credit: Image via Denice Lindell