Summer is quickly approaching, as is beach-going season. What’s your game plan? Okay, maybe you’re in top-notch shape already, but there’s always room for core enhancement.
The core is your nucleus of power. Working the core provides not only a flatter, more defined belly, but also greater support and stability in your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym workouts. So, how do you go about fortifying your center of strength?
- Do yoga. Yoga, especially Vinyasa and the more heated forms, does wonders for the core. It not only works the superficial muscles of the abs (the six-pack), but also the deeper muscles that provide stability and support. Check out the Pivotal Fitness Greenville yoga offerings to hit the mat.
- Cat vomits. Yes, this exercise isn’t the most flattering to observe or perform, but it is super effective. If performed just 3 times per week (10 reps), you will undoubtedly see marked core transformation, especially to the six-pack (that is, if you follow a clean diet regimen).
- Planks on top of planks on top of planks. Do high plank for 1 to 2 minutes daily. Work in some low or forearm plank. Hold 1 to 2 minutes. Throw in a good deal of side plank to work the internal and external obliques. Hold each side for at least 1 minute. Feel free to extend the hold time. The more the merrier!
- Russian twists. Grab that medicine ball and twist it out for about 1.5 minutes. Repeat 4 to 5 times. Set those obliques on fire!
- Breathe. Again, yoga comes into play. Practice Breath of Fire, a powerful breathing exercise that is super beneficial to the belly. If practiced regularly, it will tone and strengthen the deep muscles of the abdomen. It’s also a great way to warm up the body and release the mind from all thoughts and worries – to get in the zone for your workouts at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club. Warning: Other Greenville gym goers might look at you funny while doing this breathing exercise. Don’t pay them any mind.
Cultivate the core, Greenville gym enthusiasts!