https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2012-10-08 17:31:322012-10-08 17:31:32Gym Etiquette 101
General Rules of Thumb
While you’re working it here at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club there are a few “rules” to abide by for your safety and the safety of others. Read on to make sure your gym behavior is up to par.
- Bring/grab a towel and use it to wipe up the sweat on your person, the machine, etc. during and post-workout.
- Use the gym-provided cleaning solutions to wipe down the machine, even if you think you don’t sweat. It’s the polite thing to do!
- If the gym has posted time limits on a machine, please abide by them. Going three minutes over isn’t the end of the world, but saying you just want to run “a few more miles” is not cool.
- When using free weights, plates, etc. at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym, always re-rack the weights when you are finished. In addition, put them back in the appropriate place and not just the first open spot you see.
- If you are going to be using a rack, machine, or cable machine for a long time, allow others to work in with you. You do one set, walk away for a few minutes and let the other person do a set and you trade back and forth. Sharing is caring!
- Grunting, swearing and language otherwise appropriate for the bar atmosphere are not welcome in a weight room. If you can bench 350 lbs., that’s great; no one needs to hear about it.
- Be careful. Free weights can kill. If you are benching or squatting, make sure you have a spotter. Your body can give out faster than you’d expect and the last thing you want is to be pinned under a bar gasping for air.
- On the same note: Don’t fling weights around like they are rag dolls. Be aware of your surroundings and people walking around so that you don’t clock them in the face with a barbell.
General Rules of Thumb
- Now, I probably don’t have to tell you this, but please: Wear deodorant. If deodorant doesn’t do the trick, at least bring/use a towel to wipe yourself down as you sweat and workout.
- If you see someone in need, help them. I once had to try to drag a 200 lb barbell off a guy’s neck when he failed to properly bench it (see rules above about safety) because no one else in the gym was either 1) paying attention or 2) cared enough that this guy was literally strangling to death.
- Remember: Patience is a virtue. So, be patient. The Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym is to share. It’s not your own personal fitness mecca. Others gotta get their workout groove on, too!
- Be safe. Don’t overdo it. Be mindful of your limits.
- Mostly importantly, have fun while working out at Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym!