https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2014-07-07 17:30:572014-07-07 17:30:576 Gym Tips for Beginners
If it’s your first time stepping foot into a gym, these beginner fitness tips are for you.
- Warm Up: Try a beginner yoga sequence to build heat and prep your body for the workout ahead. This step-by-step sequence will fit the bill for a beginner yogi.
- Hydrate: If you’re not hydrating, you’re doing yourself and your Greenville gym workouts a huge disservice. Drink up!
- Consult an Expert: Before you dive in, consult a Greenville health club personal trainer. If you’re trying to shed pounds and are new to the exercise scene, you need a plan that you can actually commit to. Book a session with one of our personal trainers to devise a well-balanced, reasonable workout and nutritional plan to maximize your time and efforts at the Greenville sports club.
- Leave Your Ego at the Door: You don’t have to prove anything here at the Greenville athletic club. We don’t care how hard you run or how heavy you lift, as long as you’re giving it your all. Follow this mantra: train hard, stay humble. The moment your ego starts creeping in, is the moment you start making stupid moves that could make you look silly or worse, jeopardize your safety.
- Wind Down: Don’t forget to seal your workouts with a cool down! This is crucial for countering the physical stress you’ve put on your body and to reset mentally. To stretch it out and calm the mind, try this 11-minute yoga sequence. To wind down even more, consider a gentle Greenville yoga class.
- Recover: A good workout just isn’t complete without a proper cool down. What you do immediately post-workout affects how your body reacts and responds to all that hard work. Be sure to rehydrate, stretch it out, and consume a high-protein, high carb snack. Also, follow up all that hard work with clean, balanced eating. Working out only gets you so far. You must complement all of that effort with proper nutrition!