https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2013-12-23 16:32:382013-12-23 16:32:386 Holiday Travel Survival Tips to Stay Happy & Healthy
Chances are, you are briefly pausing your normal activities at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville health club to embark upon some holiday travel.
While this time of year is supposed to be filled with lots of cheer, it’s oftentimes filled with lots of stress.
Packing. Long hours of sitting. Cancelled flights. Flight delays. Traffic. Endless lines…
All of it can take its toll on your health.
To stay sane this holiday season, here are some travel tips:
- Sleep. Each night, try to get a full 8 hours of sleep. Don’t procrastinate your packing and travel arrangements. Get all that done early in the day to guarantee some quality shut eye. Lack of sleep makes you more susceptible to catching a cold or illness. So, get your sleep to stay sneeze-free!
- Keep moving. Staying active will keep your energy and spirits elevated. Wear comfy shoes so you can walk around while in waiting mode. If flying, walk up and down the aisle a few times to work out all the kinks from long periods of sitting. If driving, take frequent breaks to stretch it out and move around. Don’t backslide on your state of fitness! You’ve done so much work at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville sports club. Stay on track!
- Stay hydrated. Steer clear of dehydrating beverages while traveling, including alcohol, coffee, soda, and other caffeinated drinks. Opt for water instead! Bring an empty water bottle along with you to fill up as needed.
- Do yoga. Missing your Greenville yoga classes? These days, there’s such an awesome array of yoga online. Visit YogaVibes.com and their Strike a Pose section for FREE online yoga videos, demoing powerful stretches and sequences to help you restore and renew while in flight, on the road, and/or on-the-go!
- Snack wisely. Go for low-carb, high fat, and high protein snacks to stay full, energized, and on track of your Greenville gym health and fitness goals. Ideas: mixed nuts, steamed veggies, salads, burrito bowls, etc.
- Breathe. Delays and setbacks may occur. Keep your cool by dropping into your breath. Create long, even inhales and exhales through the nose. Direct your complete focus to your breath to help melt away all the noise and stress.