https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2013-11-04 19:33:042013-11-04 19:33:046 Post-Workout Recovery Tips
Setting aside recovery time is essential in your quest for a strong, fit, and healthy physique. What’s more, proper recovery wards off injury, exhaustion, inflammation, bad workout experiences, and more.
Here are some recovery tips to implement amidst your workouts at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym:
- Schedule recovery off days and weeks. Just like your workouts, your recoveries should be planned out. Every 3-5 weeks take on a chill exercise routine at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club to reset and refresh. Only take on half your typical exercise load. Each week, set a recovery day, where you take on a more relaxed workout, such as yoga or light cardio.
- Massage it out. Receiving a massage or giving yourself a self-administered massage (with a foam roller) can reduce muscle stiffness, boost circulation, and promote a state of relaxation in the muscle.
- Greenville yoga. On your recovery days or between intense workouts, aim for a more relaxing experience and practice some yoga at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville sports club. Choose a restorative or yin yoga class.
- Get enough shut-eye. Proper sleep promotes recovery from intense training. Hormones are released in the body during sleep, which assist the muscle building process. Shoot for 8 hours per night.
- Drink water. Proper hydration boosts the recovery process. Get the minimum amount of water intake per day: 3.7L/day for males and 2.7L/day for females.
- Nourish your body. Get an adequate supply of protein after your workouts. Protein is important to the recovery process because it rebuilds muscle tissue and supplies the building blocks for many different cells, tissues, enzymes, and hormones. Carbs, on the other hand, are also necessary to refuel after your workouts. Post-workout, it is recommended that you enjoy a healthy snack that contains roughly 50 grams of carbohydrates and 30 grams of protein.
Recover right to keep on keepin’ on with your progress at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville health center.