https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2013-02-04 15:59:302013-02-04 15:59:3011 Reasons to Consume Coffee
As a coffee enthusiast, it saddens me when coffee gets a bad rep. Truth is, hating on coffee is unwarranted. Research indicates that the pros of coffee consumption heavily outweigh the cons. In fact, coffee (in moderation…maybe even excess) is good for you! What’s more, coffee consumption has the potential to support and enhance your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym workouts.
What’s so good about coffee? How can you benefit from regular consumption?
- Reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s. A 2009 study found that people who consume 3-5 cups of coffee per day in midlife are 65 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s later in life, compared to those who drank little if no coffee. Further research indicates that the caffeine in coffee may reduce the production beta-amyloid, a protein that is often found in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients.
- Reduce your risk of cancer. Coffee has lots of antioxidants, which may reduce your risk for certain types of cancer including colon, liver, endometrial, kidney, and oral cancers.
- Defend against diabetes. Drinking coffee has shown to lower one’s risk of developing type 2 diabetes, even those at high risk.
- Curb post-workout aches and pains. Before your workout at the Pivotal Fitness Grenville gym, sip on some java to cut post-workout muscle soreness, inflammation, and pain. The caffeine in coffee is thought to block the activity of adenosine – a chemical that activates pain receptors in cells. Caffeine…a preventative pain agent? Who knew!
- Keep your memory keen. Studies have suggested that coffee may keep your mind sharp and muddle-free.
- Reduce your risk for gout. Coffee consumption may ward off gout – an excruciating, arthritic disorder of the joints.
- Boost your workout performance. Sip on a cup of French pressed Colombian coffee (or whatever black coffee you fancy) pre-workout to boost and intensify your workout at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym. Coffee engenders a surge of endorphins giving you a nice high to work with while you are exercising.
- Keep your heart happy and healthy. It has been discovered that coffee drinkers have a lower risk of dying from heart related issues. Coffee is loaded with antioxidants, which may enhance blood vessel function, reduce inflammation, and protect LDL (bad) cholesterol from oxidation.
- Lower your risk for Parkinson’s Disease. Coffee boosts dopamine (a happy-inducing hormone) production, which may, in turn, protect against Parkinson’s disease.
- Defend against kidney stones and gallstones. By activating gallbladder contractions and encouraging the flow of bile, coffee may deter against gallstone formation. By increasing urine output, it may keep kidney stones at bay.
- Reduce your risk of stroke. The antioxidants in coffee may provide protection against stroke by enhancing blood vessel function.
Sip on a cup of Joe to protect your health and get in a better workout at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club.
Photo Credit: Black Coffee via http://flippyfloppy.tumblr.com/