It’s important to debunk certain fitness myths that can interfere with your health and fitness goals at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym. To ensure a safe workout and meaningful results, get the facts straight.
- Myth 1: You can target fat burn. This is not the case. Sure, you will most definitely burn fat by working out, but you cannot pick and choose where the fat comes from. Sorry.
- Myth 2: You can’t work out on an empty stomach. Your body actually burns more fat when you hit the gym pre-breakfast or on an empty stomach. Be sure to hydrate, however. Just leave the snacks for after your Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club workout.
- Myth 3: No pain, no gain. This long-standing saying isn’t necessarily a healthy perspective. Sure, slight discomfort and “feeling the burn” is a part of the game. Sharp pains, however, should not be pushed through. Listen to your body. Challenge yourself, but be mindful.
- Myth 4: Lifting weights will make you look like the Hulk. Surprisingly, it’s the opposite. Lifting will actually help you slim down and it will promote sustained fat loss.
- Myth 5: Treadmill running produces the same results as outdoor running. Nope. Running outside adds additional elements that you aren’t up against when you’re treadmill running. Wind. Inclines. Terrain obstacles. All of these outdoor features require that you use extra energy. That being said, treadmill running is still effective, calorie-torching cardio.
- Myth 6: You can’t workout when you’re under the weather. Sure, if you have a fever or you can’t breathe, you should definitely stay home and rest. However, if you are just experiencing mild symptoms you can still hit the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym for a light workout. In fact, you might even feel better afterwards. Just check in with your body and consult your doctor if you’re unsure.
- Myth 7: Crunches will really boost your core strength. Hardly. Crunches don’t target the deep core muscles or the obliques. If you really want to sculpt and strengthen your core, hit up a Greenville yoga class.