https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2014-07-14 05:00:152014-07-14 05:00:15Fitness Tips for Women
Busting your behind on the elliptical and banging out a gazillion crunches isn’t going to cut it, ladies.
If you’re concerned with getting or staying in shape but don’t have countless hours to put in, here’s 6 gym tips on what you should be doing to maximize your Greenville health club workouts.
- Up the Intensity: Coasting on the elliptical or treadmill at a cozy speed probably won’t do much for your bod. The biggest mistake women make in their training is failing to exercise with adequate intensity. High-intensity interval training, or HIIT, is typically a 10- to 20-minute routine that alternates short, intense bursts of activity with moderate-exertion recovery periods. It’s the optimal way to enhance your total-body fitness, torch calories, burn fat, and build strength.
- Train Hard: Are you training hard enough at the Greenville health center? It’s pretty simple to assess your efforts. Sweat, an elevated heart rate, and lactic acid production (i.e., feeling the “burn”) are all indicators that you are putting in work that will pay off.
- Balance Strength Training and Cardio: Ladies, you can’t get toned, lean muscle by limiting your workouts to cardio routines. You will burn up all the muscle that you have and end up looking stick thin. So, pick up a barbell or some free weights, and/or bust out some pushups and pullups, to kickstart the strength-building process. Check out the Greenville Sports Club Group Fitness schedule to find classes that feature a balance of strength training and cardio.
- Modify. There’s no shame in modifying an exercise. Modified push-ups, for example, have long been considered the weak girl’s exercise. Just not so. If you have a difficult time doing the knees-off-the-ground variation – so much so that your form ends up suffering – the move is futile. Be smart, do the modified style, and get more bang for your bod, including a stronger upper body and core.
- Eat to Win. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can eat whatever you want because you’ve put in a hard workout. Nutrition is a HUGE piece of the fitness puzzle. If your nutrition is off, you will not realize the results you want. What you eat and how much you eat matters, workout or no workout. Eat well. Eat clean. Eat enough. To put together a diet plan, consult an expert at the Greenville Gym Nutritional Center.
- Minimize distractions; maximize results. To really get your head in the gym game, enjoy the privacy of the Greenville athletic club ladies only gym – a 4,000 square foot beautifully appointed and fully equipped facility complete with a separate ladies service staff. Featuring a 1,500 square foot group fitness area and separate strength and cardio equipment, this fem-friendly space boasts all of the gym essentials.