‘Tis the season of edible temptations, travel, and festive get-togethers. Amidst all the holiday cheer, it’s tempting to let your hair down and slack on your Greenville gym progress.
But you better watch out.
Because winter weight is coming to town.
Better to spare your waistline and leave those milk and cookies for Santa, my friends.
I’m not saying you have to deny yourself the occasional Christmas treat. By all means, go right ahead. Just do so mindfully. Hold this mantra near and dear to your heart (and mouth): “All things in moderation.”
To stay on track with your health and fitness goals at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club, here are some winter wellness tips to put into practice:
- Don’t Discount Liquid Calories: Don’t forget that all those alluring cocktails and champagne flutes are chock-full of calories and lots of sugar, rendering these sultry sippables just as fattening as the candy cane cookies you’ve been eyeing. Don’t deprive yourself. Also, don’t be greedy. Just stick to one or two drinks.
- Implement the Buddy System: Enlist a supportive friend, family member, or fellow Greenville health center goer to help keep you honest and motivated. Schedule workouts together. Cheer one another on. The more the merrier!
- Make Time: Leave the tired I-don’t-have-time excuse at the door. Make time. Plan ahead. Pencil in your workouts at the Pivotal Fitness health club between all the holiday parties and festivities. Consider them written in stone.
- Workout at Home: On those days where you can’t make it to the Pivotal Fitness Greenville sports club, that’s no excuse to slack on your fitness. Find workouts you can do at home and on the go. Try online yoga. Follow along to a fitness DVD. Create a mini workout you can do anytime, anywhere. Do squats. Do pushups. Do jumping jacks. Dance around. Jog in place. Move!
- Get the Family on Board: Don’t succumb to lounging around the TV. Get outside and play! Go for family walks or hikes. Play family football. Have a family snowball fight. A family that plays together, stays together.