https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2014-03-03 15:15:562014-03-03 15:15:5610 Ways to Beat Stress
Stress is inevitable. It’s not, however, a permanent, hopeless state. There are many stress relief methods out there. To live more healthy and emotionally-balanced, here are some stress-reducing tactics to test out. See if these methods can fine-tune your ability to move into a deeper connection to your source of well-being.
- Practice daily “checking in.” Get comfortable (sitting, lying down, or even legs elevated) and begin to direct your attention to your current state. Be as impartial as possible. Witness the good, the bad, and the ugly without judgment. After you’ve got a sense of where you’re at (emotionally, mentally, and physically), direct your attention to your breath. Simply observe your inhales and exhales, using the breath as a point of focus. Just doing this for a few minutes can totally transform your day!
- Breathe. When stress rears its ugly head, don’t react. Instead, stop, drop, and breathe. Sit in a comfortable seated position and commit to a few minutes of conscious, equalized breathing. Doing this can make a huge difference!
- Spend 5 minutes a day in a restorative inversion. Practice legs up the wall or legs on a chair with a slightly rolled blanket or towel supporting your neck. This is a lovely opportunity to align with your breath, check in, and counter the stimulation of a tough Greenville athletic club workout.
- Spend 5 to 10 minutes in a restorative yoga posture (even more if time permits). This is great to do daily or anytime you need a break. Suggestions: A forward fold like supported childs pose is great. If time permits, pair this with a gentle backbend like supported bridge pose, legs elevated, and another forward folding pose like bound angle/butterfly pose, wide-legged forward fold, or seated forward fold. End lying on your back with a long savasana. These are great movements to perform after a solid Greenville health club workout.
- Enjoy a bath with 8 to 10 drops of lavender essential oil. This can be especially lovely post-Greenville gym workout. Release tight muscles and receive the healing, calming benefits of lavender.
- Drink a soothing cup of herbal tea (like chamomile, mint, or rose).
- Take a brisk 10 to 15 minute walk. Get into a comfortable rhythm, clear your head, and get some fresh air!
- Exercise or take a Greenville yoga class. Blow off steam, sweat, and feel the weight of stress lift.
- Listen to chill music. When you’re stretching and unwinding from a strong sweat sesh at the Greenville sports club, put on some chill tunes to calm your system.
- Sleep. Sleep deprivation is a sure way to stress, limiting your patience and increasing your irritability. Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night to best deal with daily stressors.