Summer is quickly approaching, as it the scorching summer heat. Already the temps are picking up outside – an awesome happening for beach-related activities, but not always so motivating for working out (especially outdoors). Now, more than ever, is a great opportunity to head inside to the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym to cool off and be in close proximity to an unlimited water supply. Along with shifting your workouts to the indoors, here are 9 tips to implement into your summer workout routine.
- Take your workout off land. Summer is the perfect season to take a dip. Swim 20 laps. Do some aqua jogging. Grab the kick board. Swimming is an awesome full body workout with cardio benefits. There’s no better way to beat the heat.
- Keep it slow and steady. On those astronomically hot days, it’s wise to keep your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym workouts calm and collected. Slow your pace and move with less intensity to avoid overheating.
- Take breaks. Don’t feel like a cheater if you have to rest and reboot every once in awhile. Listen up to your body. Allow it breaks.
- Hydrate. Don’t simply drink water while working out. Drink water all day. This will ensure you are always properly hydrated. If you haven’t already, invest in a BPA-free water bottle to carry around with you.
- Choose wisely. Choose more cooling cardio activities at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym such as biking or, as mentioned, swimming. Also, try our Greenville yoga classes for something more low key.
- Dress accordingly. Choose materials that are lightweight, loose, and breathable and materials that allow moisture to evaporate.
- Cool down. Cool down your workouts, of course, but also cool down with a cold shower.
- Align your workouts with the day. Exercise during the morning or evening hours – the coolest times of the day. Try your best to avoid the noon hour – the peak heat hour.
- Be aware of the warning signs. If you’re feeling dizzy, weak, confused, disoriented, nauseous, or dehydrated this a sign to stop. Cramps, headaches, vomiting, fainting, seizures, and hallucinates are also serious signs pointing to a heat-related illness or heat stroke. This is NOT to be taken lightly, so please be aware of how you’re feeling. If you’re feeling any of the above, back off and rest.
It’s important and beneficial to act in accordance with the season. Put these tips into action at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club to ensure that you’re starting off summer smoothly and safely.