Pu-erh tea has been touted for many years as the ultimate diet tea. Also, it has been celebrated for its many potential health benefits:
- Cardiovascular protection. The tea is thought to protect the heart and blood vessels due to its high level of antioxidants. Pu-erh is believed to reduce arteriosclerosis, helping to prevent strokes.
- Enhanced immunity. Due to its high level of antioxidants, Pu-erh may help fight cancer and promote cell health.
- Lowers cholesterol. Pu-erh contains small amounts of a chemical called lovastatin. Lovastatin is a prescription medicine used for lowering cholesterol.
- Enhanced awareness. Pu-erh tea contains caffeine, which helps to sharpen concentration when consumed throughout the day.
- Lowers blood sugar levels significantly. For this reason, Pu-erh may help to prevent diabetes.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. Pu-erh contains the amino acid GABA, which may help to alleviate arthritis, asthma, and arteriosclerosis. The chemical theophylline, which is naturally occurring in tea leaves, is a key component in some asthma medications.
- Boosts digestion.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Opens the meridians (energy centers). In Chinese medicine, Pu-erh is said to “warm the middle burner” (the spleen and stomach) and promote “blood cleansing” and digestion. For these reasons, the tea is regularly consumed after heavy meals or used as a hangover curative/preventative.
To really reap the benefits of Pu-erh tea, it is believed that you should adhere to the following guidelines when it comes to your exercises at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym and beyond.
- Eat clean. Your diet should support your workouts at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club. Eat healthy foods that enhance your energy and make you strong. Eat three balanced meals per day. Follow up your meals with a cup of Pu-erh to soothe your stomach and boost digestion.
- No strenuous exercise post-meals. Wait a couple of hours before hitting the the Pivotal Fitness Greenville health center after you eat. Strenuous exercise after eating any food will get in the way of proper digestion. Also, the health benefits of Pu-erh will not be properly performed.
- Exercise properly. Don’t exhaust your energy by exercising to excess at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville health club. Excess exercise will drain your energy, and cause your body to secrete acid. Hence, you will feel tired. At this time, you can fortunately consume alkaline foods to balance your body’s pH, such as Pu-erh tea.