https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2013-07-22 14:25:532013-07-22 14:25:5310 Reasons Why Women Should Lift
Weight lifting is incredibly beneficial for both men and women. Some women, however, still believe it is an activity reserved for men. Some women believe themselves incapable. This just isn’t true. Lifting is not an activity reserved for men. Women are just as capable. Plus, there are specific benefits for women. So ladies, get over this anti-lifting mentality, and tackle some weights next time you find yourself at the Pivotal Fitness Greenville athletic club.
- Decrease your risk of osteoporosis. Lifting promotes and preserves bone density.
- Lower your risk for certain injuries. Lifting strongly supports the lower back by strengthening the deep muscles of the core and the muscles of the low back.
- Increase your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat. The more muscle you build via lifting, the more calories you will burn.
- Better your posture. If you’re correctly lifting, your body is precisely aligned. This heavy focus on alignment and body intelligence and awareness really enhances posture, balance, and the way you carry yourself.
- Feel empowered. Boosting strength boosts confidence. Building physical strength definitely has the power to build mental strength.
- Easily track your progress. When you lift regularly, you will easily be able to track your progress, which is incredibly rewarding and pushes you to raise the bar that much higher.
- Boost your cardiovascular strength. If you’re lifting heavy, you are most definitely stressing your cardiovascular system.
- Supplement other physical activities. Lifting can help you realize goals in other physical realms. You can really tailor your strength training toward what you’re striving for due to the highly individualized nature of lifting.
- It’s accessible. Contrary to popular thought, weight lifting is incredibly accessible. There are always modifications to explore. Consult a Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym trainer to discover variations and options.
- Strong is the new sexy. Have you heard? If not, you just got the memo.