https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://greenvillegym.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pivotal_logo_horz_1000x200-300x60.png admin2014-02-17 23:09:592014-02-17 23:09:595 Winter Wellness Tips
It’s tough to stay balanced in the thick of winter. In the depths of coldness and darkness, the natural tendency is to hibernate, stagnate, and slack on physical activity. Beware of these temptations! Instead, do the opposite of your natural tendency and integrate these 5 tips into your winter wellness strategy.
- Eat well, eat right. Incorporate plenty of protein into your diet to stay mentally and physically strong for your Greenville health club workouts. Think lots of lean meats! Also, include lots of leafy greens and veggies into your diet to absorb an adequate dose of vitamins (especially Vitamin D), antioxidants, and minerals. Lastly, do not forgo on those healthy fats and low-glycemic carbs to fuel your Greenville sports club sweat sessions!
- Keep moving. Don’t slack on your Pivotal Fitness Greenville gym workouts. Find a workout buddy to hold you accountable. Also, consider trying out some Greenville yoga classes to promote greater harmony of the mind and body. Ward off those winter blues!
- Hydrate. You know what they say: 8 glass of water a day! During this very cold and dry season, it’s important to keep your mucous membranes moist, including those in your sinuses. Moisture makes your membranes more resistant to invasions of bacteria so you can steer clear of sickness.
- Rest + recover. Get enough shut-eye to counter all the stress of the season, to avoid getting run down, and to reduce your chances of catching a nasty cold or flu (‘tis the season!). Sleep is the best medicine for strengthening your immunity so you can keep on keepin’ on with your workouts at the Greenville athletic club.
- Moisturize. This goes hand-in-hand with hydration. Don’t let the cold, wispy winds, combined with dry, heated indoor environments, dry out and damage your skin. Find a solid moisturizer to keep the largest organ of your body – your skin! – healthy, happy, and glowing.